11 Jun 4th of July Fireworks
It is that time of the year, celebration and fireworks! But they’re hard to enjoy when my pooch is so stressed out. Here’s a few tips to help keep your dog safe during the fireworks this 4th of July:
1. Don’t leave your dog outside! Never, ever forget how sensitive your dog’s hearing is. Loud bangs, booms and brilliant flashes of light are extremely frightening to your dog. Protect him the best you can.
2. Set up a crate, kennel or temporary “den” to give him a feeling of safety and security.
3. Keep all of the windows and draperies closed. You want to try to protect him from the bright pops of light.
4. Turn on the tv. Keep your television on to help distract your dog from the loud booms and bangs that accompany the beautiful flashes of light.
5. If at all possible, stay with him during the fireworks. Just being there will help to alleviate the stress of our scary, human celebration.