15 Sep Canine Obesity 5 Things to Know
1) Obesity (the storage of excess fat) is usually caused by excessive food intake and insufficient exercise.
2) Estimates show that 40% to 50% of dogs are overweight and 25% of dogs are obese.
3) Dogs can develop many obesity-related health problems.
4) By examining your dog, veterinarians determine whether he or she is overweight or obese and help you create a weight-loss program.
5) The most effective weight-loss plans involve increasing activity and feeding fewer calories.