28 Jan Watch OUT!!!
Watch out for those Super Bowl treats!!
If you’re having a Super Bowl party at your house or bringing your pet to one, be sure to monitor the food that they are exposed to. There are many tasty treats that can cause them to be sick. Here are the most common culprits says Dr. Zeoli from Pet Dominion Animal Hospital and Inn;
- Chicken wings- The bones can cause an intestinal obstruction. The skin on the wings can cause stomach upset, and the high sodium content can cause high blood pressure
- Guacamole- Avocados can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and the high fat content can lead to pancreatitis. Onions and garlic can also cause stomach upset, and lead to red blood cell damage.
- Grapes/raisins- Even as little as one grape or raisin may lead to kidney failure
- Corn on the Cob- Corn kernels are safe to eat, but chewing on and swallowing the cob is a very common cause of intestinal obstruction.
- Macadamia nuts- These nuts can cause muscle tremors and hyperthermia
- Chocolate- at low doses can cause vomiting and diarrhea. With higher amounts it can lead to irregular heartbeat, muscle tremors, and seizures.